Posting about food is definitely not my area of expertise, however this last trip to Chicago left my taste buds in awe! Therefore it only seems appropriate to recap on my favorite places I have dined in at in Chicago.
1) Sunda – This asian blend restaurant can make a mean roll of sushi. Oh and their sake is top notch. Price range is $$ but it is definitely worth every penny.
2) Yolk – Come here for a creative and colorful spin on breakfast and brunch. This urban restuarant offers unique menu items such as pineapple parfait and red velvet french toast. Did I mention their pancakes are fantastic?! For all my St. Louisans out there, they taste like goey butter cake. 😋
3) Bar Takito – This latin influenced restaurant has a funky upbeat vibe with cool lighting and colorful wall murals. Come here to enjoy delicious cucumber margaritas, ceviche, and other south american dishes.
4) Au Cheval – Google Best Burgers in the US and guess what you will find? Au Cheval on every list! People literally wait hours to eat an Au Cheval Cheeseburger. Prime beef on a toasted bun, dressed with cheese, thick cut bacon, dijonnaise, and a fried egg, this burger is juicy and delectable. It is easy to see why Bon Appétit ranked it the best burger in America in 2012.
5) Cindy’s -The icing on the cake to The Chicago Athletic Association, Cindy’s Rooftop offers an amazing view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan. Step out on the balcony for some fresh air and panoramic photos. We enjoyed Cindy’s for relaxation, lounge seating, wine and appetizers.
And last but not least…. We weren’t able to indulge in deep dish pizza this last time in Chicago but I have eaten here many times before and it is definitely a favorite.
6) Ginos East – If you love pizza, then dining in at Ginos East is a must. Come in, write your name on the wall, and enjoy Gino’s famous handmade deep dish pizza. Give yourself some time as it takes a little while to bake these deep dish pizzas to perfection. 🍕
Have you been to Chicago? What are some of your favorite places to eat?